PACIFIC WALRUS PROTECTION AND MANAGEMENT IN A CHANGING CLIMATE
About the AuthorE. Ristroph
1. Bourne J.K., Jr. In the Empty Arctic, How to Get the Job Done? With ADrone, National Geographic, April 14, 2016 (May 10, 2017), available at http://news.nationalgeographic. com/2016/04/160414-Arctic-drones-wildlife-fire-oil-spill-environment/.
2. Climate Change 2014: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability: Summaries, Frequently Asked Questions, and Cross-Chapter Boxes, A Contribution of Working Group II to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (C.B. Field et al. (eds.), Geneva: World Meteorological Organization, 2014).
3. Crawford J. et al. Results from Village-Based Walrus Studies in Alaska, 2011, Alaska Marine Science Symposium, January 16–20, 2012, Anchorage, AK (May 10, 2017), available at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/290437169_Results_from_villagebased_walrus_studies_in_Alaska_2011.
4. Crawford J. et al. Results from Village-Based Walrus Studies in Alaska, 2012, Alaska Marine Science Symposium, January 21–25, 2013, Anchorage, AK (May 10, 2017), available at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/290437175_Results_from_villagebased_walrus_studies_in_Alaska_2012.
5. Higdon J.W. et al. Killer Whales (Orcinus Orca) in the Canadian Arctic: Distribution, Prey Items, Group Sizes, and Seasonality, 28(2) Marine Mammal Science (2012).
6. Huntington H. et al. Traditional Knowledge Regarding Walrus near Point Lay and Wainwright, Alaska, Final report to the Eskimo Walrus Commission and the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management for contract (2012) (May 10, 2017), available at https:// www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/research/programs/marinemammals/pdfs/2012_ traditional_knowledge_pt_lay_and_wainwright.pdf.
7. Huntington H. et al. Traditional Knowledge Regarding Walrus, Ringed Seals, and Bearded Seals near Barrow, Alaska, Final report to the Eskimo Walrus Commission, the Ice Seal Committee, and the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management for contract (2015) (May 10, 2017), available at https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/research/ programs/marinemammals/pdfs/2015_traditional_knowledge_barrow.pdf.
8. Magerum R.D. Beyond Consensus: Improving Collaborative Planning and Management (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2011).
9. Oakley K.L. et al. Changing Arctic Ecosystems: Polar Bear and Walrus Response to the Rapid Decline in Arctic Sea Ice, 2012-3131 USGS Fact Sheet (2012) (May 10, 2017), also available at http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2012/3131/.
10. Pungowiyi P. Avoiding Haul-Out Disturbance on St. Lawrence Island in A Workshop on Assessing Pacific Walrus Population Attributes from Coastal Haulouts, National Park Service Headquarters Anchorage, Alaska, March 19–22, 2012 (February 2013) (May 10, 2017), available at http://www.pacificenvironment.org/wp-content/ uploads/2017/02/walrus-mgmt-report_final_gl.pdf.
11. Ristroph E.B. Loosening Lips to Avoid Sinking Ships: Designing aShip Communications System for the Bering Strait Region, 24(3) Indiana International & Comparative Law Review (2014).
12. Robards M. & Joly J.L. Interpretation of “Wasteful Manner” Within the Marine Mammal Protection Act and Its Role in Management of the Pacific Walrus, 13 Ocean and Coastal Law Journal (2008).
13. Udevitz M.S. et al. Potential Population-Level Effects of Increased Haulout-Related Mortality of Pacific Walrus Calves, 36(2) Polar Biology (2013).
14. Van Dyke J.M. & Broder S.P. Particular Sensitive Sea Areas; Protecting the Marine Environment in the Territorial Seas and Exclusive Economic Zones, 40 Denver Journal of International Law and Policy (2011).
15. Van Hemert C.R. et al. Forecasting Wildlife Response to Rapid Warming in the Alaskan Arctic, 65(7) BioScience (2015).
16. Westley F. Governing Design: The Management of Social Systems and Ecosystems Management in Panarchy: Understanding Transformations in Human and Natural Systems (L.H. Gunderson & C.S. Holling (eds.), Washington, D.C.: Island Press, 1995).
For citation: Ristroph E. PACIFIC WALRUS PROTECTION AND MANAGEMENT IN A CHANGING CLIMATE. BRICS Law Journal. 2017;4(2):6-39. https://doi.org/10.21684/2412-2343-2017-4-2-6-39
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.